Genesee School District
Home of the Wolves
SCHOOLS OF CHOICE PROGRAM
The Genesee School District welcomes all applicants for the Schools of Choice program. This choice program provides an opportunity for students who do not live in the school district to join our school community. The program is open to Kindergarten-12th grade students.
Our school district is the right choice for your family. Genesee is a small school, small town environment where students and families can receive individual support and develop long-term relationships with school staff. We have strong parent and community support in classrooms and programs. The Wolf Pact Behavior Matrix and our Be Safe, Be Responsible, Be Respectful program provide guidelines for student expectations. Students have the opportunity to participate in multiple extra-curricular activities with our 37 sport teams and clubs. Many of our graduates go on to college. We are constantly updating our academic program. The elementary students receive music and physical education. Along with free breakfast every day, we offer tuition free before and after school programs at Haas Elementary. Our award winning music program is one of the best in the State.
- Genesee School District residents do not have to apply to enroll.
- Non-residents must fill out the application. The application can be picked up at the office of the Superintendent; they can be mailed or downloaded from our website, www.geneseeschools.org Applications are turned in to the Superintendent’s office, 7347 N Genesee Road, Genesee MI 48437-0220, fax it to 810-591-1646 or email to
- Applications will be processed as quickly as possible. Families will be notified of their acceptance into the district. Discipline records will be reviewed; students who have been suspended in the last two years may not be accepted as a school of choice student.
- Applications will be accepted from March 4st, 2013 until September 04, 2013.
- We anticipate we will have openings at all grade levels for the 2013-14 school years.
- If there are any questions, please contact Debi in the Superintendent’s office at 810-591-1650 or see our website www.geneseeschools.org